Saturday, August 28, 2010

UKM--->adapting....

Hey y'all!!! Forgive me for taking such a long time to write in my blog. I'm not much of a writer, this blog is just a way to get to know my recent updates and is simply an output for my mixed-up emotions.
Ok, here goes ^^...

Guess what? I didn't have a back up plan before, and so do I now. I'm just following the flow. Ok, so far what you all left out is that I got accepted into UKM, and suffered about almost 2 months up-to-date. I was offered a 3 years zoology course. As a first year, we are all required to stay in the university's hostel. In UKM, we call these hostels -- college. =) Sounds nice so far isn't it? Wait, this is just the Introduction part.

College
My college is called Kolej Tun Hussien Onn ( I wonder why I'm stuck to Hussien Onn? Was sent to SMK Bandar Tun Hussien Onn last time) and it's the smallest college in UKM. So far, there are about 180
first years staying here. They -- felo of this college and seniors said that we are luckily as we were sent to thiscollege. But some on the other hand, says that it's a nightmare. Why, you asked??? Because this is the college specially reserved for those who are joining PALAPES = national army reserve force. People (first year) gone crazy over getting to stay in this college as you are either required to stay active in college activities or join PALAPES in order to continue to stay in this college. Now you understand why I'm so into my college activities right? All in all, this college is not so bad. Other than we have to stay with these tough, egoistic, military-mind seniors and soon-to-be official first years, the food here is consider one of the best. Rooms are comfortable enough and we got our enough "space" though we have to share it with our room mates. My room mate comes
from Ipoh, Perak. I've met her whole family. Sadly, I have my issues on trying to get along with her. She and I are two different types of people. Extremely quiet as she is, she can never be underestimated! She knows more by being quiet, coz people who talks will always tend to slip out some informations that "listeners" will tend to pick up. <-- my assumption


Faculty

I belong to the Science & Technology faculty, which is the biggest faculty in UKM. Since I'm taking zoology course, I have to be in the same class as microbiology and plant biotechnology students. On the day of our first school day, I was still blurred. Believe it or not, I actually hugged my course mate when I finally heard a person answering me "yes, I'm taking zoology."!!! You didn't know, I was so afraid and started to believe that I was the only one taking this course as I've searched through my college during the first week I was in UKM to search for A PERSON who has the same course as I have. Then in the afternoon, a stranger messaged me and told me that he is my "direct senior", which is something I'm not familiar with! Of course, I thought it was a joke at first. The message goes.... I am your direct senior and I wish to meet all of you as soon as possible, meet me tonight @XXX. And of course, you know what I did. I just well... WENT.
This is the beginning of a very funny relationship. I've met my zoo-mates. Being the last one to reach, on the phone with my mom while walking with my senior to meet the others, I can't believe that day I just went. And what's more, I got to find out that I got course mates, who are chinese! All 5 of them! Then, we slowly get along... introducing each other... with senior Liu as the bridge that brought us all together. I shouldn't have complained about him so much, he's a nice guy... AT TIMES.... =P Surprisingly, it didn't take us a long time to get along pretty good actually, it was like after a week we all mingled together so much? And we all started to show our "siao-ness" already!!! hahaa.... meeting them in UKM is my best joy ever! Now, I can hardly live a day in UKM without seeing them daily! It has become a drug for me, as I always say...

I must take daily dosage of "laugh" provided by my zoo-mates

Side effect : depression lands when they're away

So now you know how can I stay positive and laugh my guts out whenever and wherever they are around. =) Each of them brings different energy into this remarkable friendship! But when I'm back to my own college, I began being serious, tired, worn out, stress again and again. Room mate? can't talk. Other college mates, not all can tell them, most personal things remain confidential. With zoo-mates, no secrets I won't tell. All because of trust we have in each other!!! <3

Now that Reuben taiko is now here, he's my prey!!! I always disturbs my friends and family when I'm down -- just to keep sane, coz I need to talk to someone... and now, with all the things I need to do, and I can't see my zoo-mates, I go crazy most of the times... BEWARE you all!!! But don't worry, I won't simply waste your time, I'll just find those who are willing to listen.

That's all for now.... til then.....

Ganbatte Ngkee-san!!! o(/>,<\)o

No comments:

Post a Comment